Most of our best movie stars aren’t just fantastic actors, but also incredibly financially successful with appropriate compensation for their roles in films. As a consequence, several of them are among the highest-paid actors in the world as a result of the huge compensation they earn for their roles. You’ll find the highest-paid American Actors in this post.
Most of the Nollywood actors are getting paid six figures either for already completed films or upcoming projects. According to our sources, Tom Cruise is the biggest earner by salary on the list thanks to the uniqueness of his contract. Will Smith comes next. Brad Pitt, Dwayne Johnson, Vin Diesel, Joaquin Phoenix, and Leonardo DiCaprio all made between $20 and $30 million to complete the top 7 spots.
Here’s a look at the highest-paid American actors in 2022:
1. Tom Cruise — $100 million+ (“Top Gun: Maverick”)
Tom Cruise received a basic salary of $13 million for the “Top Gun” sequel. When a movie does exceptionally well at the box office, as “Maverick” did, Cruise gets a first-dollar bonus, which is how he obtains the majority of his income. As a result, he received a portion of the profits before the studio does.
Tom Cruise becomes Hollywood’s highest-earning actor after he earned more than $100 million for his latest film Top Gun. Tom Cruise is also one of the highest-paid actors in the world.
2. Will Smith — $35 million (“Emancipation”)
Afterschool Specials served as the stage for Will Smith’s acting début in 1990. After appearing in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air that same year, he became well-known thereby becoming one of the highest-paid American actors.
The Men in Black series, Independence Day, I Am Legend, and The Pursuit of Happyness are a few of Smith’s best-known movies.
3. Leonardo DiCaprio — $30 million (“Killers of the Flower Moon”)
DiCaprio played the young Mason Capwell during a 1990 episode of Santa Barbara. In 1991, he played Luke Brower in Growing Pains. Some of DiCaprio’s most popular films include What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, Romeo + Juliet, Titanic, Shutter Island, Inception, and The Wolf of Wall Street.
4. Brad Pitt — $30 million (Untitled Formula 1 movie)
Some of his most famous films include Interview with the Vampire, Fight Club, and Ocean’s Eleven.
5. Dwayne Johnson — $22.5 million+ (“Black Adam”)
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson appeared in an episode of That ’70s Show and a Star Trek Voyager episode. The Mummy Returns, The Scorpion King, Fast Five, Jumanji, Fast & Furious Presents Hobbs & Shaw, and Red Notice are a few of his best-known movies
6. Will Ferrell and Ryan Reynolds — $20 million each (“Spirited”)
In the 1997 movie Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, Will Ferrell played one of his most well-known roles. Elf, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, and Get Hard are a few of his best-known movies.
7. Chris Hemsworth — $20 million (“Extraction 2”)
Some of his most popular films include Thor, The Avengers, Avengers: Endgame, and Men in Black: International.
8. Vin Diesel — $20 million (“Fast X”)
Vin Diesel, mostly known for his work in the Fast and the Furious series, had one of his earliest roles in the 1998 movie Saving Private Ryan. He has also acted in a number of other movies over the years, including Boiler Room from 2000.
9. Tom Hardy — $20 million (“Venom 3”)
One of his first roles was in the 2001 film Black Hawk Down
10. Joaquin Phoenix — $20 million (“Joker 2”)
One of Joaquin Phoenix’s early roles was in a 1984 episode of Hill Street Blues. Some of his most popular films include Gladiator, Walk the Line, and Joker.
11. Denzel Washington — $20 million (“The Equalizer 3”)
Denzel only does one franchise, and he gets paid well to do it.
12. Jason Momoa — $15 million (“Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom”)
According to Variety, Momoa restructured his deal for the “Aquaman” sequel following the success of the first movie which made him one of the highest-paid American actors.
13. Eddie Murphy — $15 million (“Beverly Hills Cop 4”)
14. Chris Pine — $13 million (“Star Trek” sequel)
15. Steve Carell — $12.5 million (“Minions: The Rise of Gru”)
Doing the wacky voice of Gru has been very profitable for Carell.
16. Ryan Gosling & Margot Robbie — $12.5 million each (“Barbie”)
Both Gosling and Robbie will get equal pay for playing Ken and Barbie.
17. Millie Bobby Brown — $10 million (“Enola Holmes 2”)
The “Stranger Things” star will get a big payday for her other Netflix venture.
18. Timothée Chalamet — $9 million (“Wonka”)
Chalamet is still a rising star when it comes to paydays, but he’ll get a nice check for playing the iconic chocolate maker.
19. Matt Damon, Emily Blunt, and Robert Downey Jr. — $4 million each (“Oppenheimer”)
This trio is accepting pay way below their usual asking price to star in the next Christopher Nolan movie
20. Daniel Kaluuya — $4 million (“Nope”)
The Oscar winner is the star of Jordan Peele’s latest movie
21. Jamie Lee Curtis — $3.5 million (“Halloween Ends”)
This movie marks the end of Curtis in the “Halloween” franchise. (Though, never say never.)
22. Anya Taylor-Joy — $1.8 million (“Furiosa”)
Leave a Reply